Dental Implants in Brentwood, TN
Replace your missing teeth and take back your smile!
Are Dental Implants Worth It?
Yes! Never hold back from showing off your smile again.
Are you a candidate for dental implants? Our restorative dentist, Dr. Ashish Patel, can tell you!
What Makes Our Dental Implants Unique?
Short answer: Advanced technology & expertise! See why this matters below.
Instead of traditional 2D x-rays, we use 3D digital images to capture critical anatomical features that impact successful implantation, including bone, nerves, and sinuses.
At Nashville Dentistry Co., you’ll benefit from computer-guided implant planning and placement, which is more precise, helps you heal faster, and creates a longer-lasting result.
Dr. Patel completed a year-long implant course and is working toward an Associate Fellowship in the American Academy of Implant Dentistry… This text opens a new tab to the official website…, so you don’t have to leave the comforts and familiarity of our office for your surgery.
Digital impressions are quick, comfortable, and leave virtually zero room for error. Plus, they create a 3D digital mockup of your smile, so you see exactly what we see for clear expectations and understanding.
With CEREC technology and an in-house milling machine, Dr. Patel crafts your new crown in the office, making your restoration more affordable and customized to your liking.
With advanced technology and our dental implant expert, you can be confident you’ll leave with most durable, biocompatible, and natural-looking dental implant restoration available to date.
How Does the Process Go?
Here's what you can expect with dental implants at Nashville Dentistry Co.
A small titanium post is surgically placed within your jaw, which serves as an artificial tooth root. We’ll use digital imaging and advanced technology to plan and place your implant for long-term success.
Once your post is healed, which takes an average of three months, an abutment is placed. This connects your post and crown, serving as a solid foundation. Often, we place your abutment and crown at the same appointment.
Dental Implant FAQs
Get the answers from our implant dentist in Brentwood, TN.
- Am I a candidate for dental implants?There a few factors that go into being a dental implant candidate. These include:
- Age: Your mouth will need to be fully developed.
- Oral health: To have successful implantation, you’ll need to be free of oral diseases, like periodontitis.
- Overall health: We’ll examine your health history to make sure this procedure is safe for you and the post will heal properly. Factors like smoking and uncontrolled chronic diseases may jeopardize your eligibility.
- Bone structure: You’ll need sufficient bone to support an implant. If you don’t have enough, a bone graft may be needed.
To find out if you’re a candidate, schedule a consultation with Dr. Patel.
- How painful is a dental implant?To put your ease at mind and put this procedure into perspective:
Many patients claim getting a dental implant hurts less than getting a tooth pulled.
During the initial procedure, we’ll numb your mouth with a local anesthetic. This will minimize any possible pain. You may feel some slight pressure, but it should not hurt.
Afterward, your mouth may feel tender – typical of any surgical, dental procedure. This should subside within a few days, and if necessary, you can take over-the-counter pain medication to ease discomfort.
Getting the abutment and crown is an easy process, and generally, anesthetic is not needed.
- Are dental implants safe?Yes! Dental implants are safe and have a success rate of up to 98%… This text opens a new tab to WebMD….
Dentists have been performing dental implants for more than half a century. However, you must choose a dentist who is knowledgable and trained in implant dentistry. This will help minimize complications and ensure any problems are handled properly (if they arise).
Dr. Patel is an active member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry… This text opens a new tab to the AAID website… and uses modern technology, like a Dental Cone Beam CT Scanner, for the safest and most effective dental implants in Brentwood, TN.
- What's the average cost for a dental implant?There really isn’t an average cost for an implant because so many factors play a role, such as the type of tooth.
Prices listed online vary widely, anywhere from $1000 to $6000+. Keep in mind, these prices may not include all the dental implant components (post, abutment, and restoration), so you’ll need to add those costs together.
To find out exactly how much your dental implant treatment will cost, schedule a consultation with Dr. Patel. Once we determine you’re a candidate, we’ll outline a treatment plan and associated costs.
Most dental insurance policies cover dental implants, and we offer financing options to help accommodate your budget.
- How long do dental implants last?Well-placed and cared-for dental implants should last for decades.
Luckily, dental implants don’t require much additional maintenance than your natural teeth:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste
- Floss your teeth once a day (This is important for implants! Make sure you floss around the post)
- Visit Dr. Patel for regular cleanings and exams
All the components of an implant are durable, biocompatible, and are not subject to decay.
Plus, they require less maintenance and money in the long run than other restorations, like a bridge or denture.